Punk Bird Update
Started with taking some reference photos, literally assembled a pile of garbage.
Drew a blue jay, and did a basic rough inking.
I then assembled it in the computer to make a transfer.
Took a couple tries though. I switched up the file a bit, changed printers, and the paper I was working on and it came out perfect.
Last but not least, I hit it with a bit of oil painting to bring it all together. I wanted to keep a bit of the “marker/ink” look to the bird so I only added it mostly to the face and the underside.
Really happy with how this turned out. I tried to mix it up from my regular processes. My original idea was to paint a bird with a mohawk, but ended up going a different direction – I just made a nest out of plaid shirts, spraypaint caps, pins and band flyers.
Here’s the final: